Survey Form Examples: Survey of Professional Forecasters
- 2014 Q1 Form: This form shows modifications to the survey to: (1) Change the ranges for density projections for unemployment and GDP inflation, and (2) change the question for long-term (10-year annual average) projections for the rate on 10-year constant maturity Treasury bonds.
- 2011 Q1 Form: This form shows how we added a “consistency check” to the questionnaire (first added in the survey of 2011 Q1) to help the panelists see the implications of their five- and 10-year annual-average inflation projections for their implied projection for five-year-annual-average inflation over the second-half of the 10-year horizon. A memo explaining the “consistency check” was sent to the forecasters before we sent the questionnaire.
- 2010 Q1 Form: This form shows a modification to the survey to include: (1) a longer annual horizon for real GDP, unemployment, and interest rates, (2) the rate on BAA corporate bonds, and (3) additional density forecasts.
- 2009 Q2 Form: This form shows how we modified the questionnaire to extend the annual horizon for unemployment and real GDP and add the associated density forecasts.
- 2007 Q1 Form: Example of survey from 2007 Q1.
- 2006 Q3 Form: Example of survey from 2006 Q3.
- 2001 Q1 Form: Example of survey from 2001 Q1.
- 1990 Q1 Form: Example of survey when NBER conducted it.
- 1981 Q2 Form: Before 1981 Q3, survey did not include annual forecasts, as this filled-in form from May 1981 indicates.
Return to the main page for the Survey of Professional Forecasters.