Nearly 450 community developers, planners, government leaders, bankers, researchers, and foundation representatives attended the seventh biennial Reinventing conference. Practitioners and researchers explored how our economies can be transformed in equitable and inclusive ways that connect people, place, and capital.
Articles in this issue focus on
- transforming the community investment system,
- engaging residents in community building,
- the role of anchor institutions in addressing the needs of the surrounding community,
- the Mt. Airy neighborhood’s legacy of intentional integration and residential segregation patterns in Mt. Airy and across the City of Philadelphia,
- innovative ways to help low-income families build savings and wealth,
- immigrant integration as an economic development strategy, and
- engaging employers in workforce development.
Recordings and presentations of the plenary and concurrent Reinventing sessions are available at Reinventing Our Communities.
We are eager to continue the dialogue around transforming our economies in inclusive ways. Please contact our team if you see opportunities to partner on upcoming programming and initiatives as we look toward 2017.
Best wishes for the holiday season, and we look forward to working with you in the New Year.