The Consumer Finance Institute and the Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia are co-organizing their 12th biennial conference focusing on new research in consumer credit and payments on October 19-20, 2023.
Call for Papers Now Open
The landscape of household finance and consumer payments is evolving rapidly, and this conference seeks to capture the latest research. We encourage researchers to submit theoretical and empirical studies that reflect the entire range of approaches and methodologies.
The following list of suggested topics is not intended to be exclusive:
- Consumer credit default, bankruptcy, forbearance, and foreclosure;
- Consumer credit and the real economy;
- Social, racial, and gender equity in household finance;
- Regulation of consumer finance and payments;
- Inflation and household finance;
- Climate change and consumer credit;
- The COVID-19 pandemic and recovery;
- The economics of emerging real-time payments, and digital currencies; and
- Applications of new data and techniques to consumer credit and payments.
Paper Submission Procedure
Please upload an electronic copy (PDF only) of your paper by June 15, 2023.
The conference will be held in person on October 19–20, 2023. This page will be updated when registration opens.
Accommodations and partial financial support for travel expenses will be provided to the presenting author of each paper accepted for the program.
If you have questions, please contact the conference organizers at PHIL.New.Perspectives@phil.frb.org.