The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) came together to create an event that explored technologies now available in the marketplace that facilitate digitization of credit decision processes and risk management, expand credit access, and increase portfolio diversification. This event highlighted various fintech options for community banks and credit unions and provided a forum for open discussion.
Bankers heard about available technologies that aim to improve risk valuations (using alternative data and artificial intelligence/machine learning), to review identity/KYC/AML when onboarding new customers, to review regulatory compliance, to enhance third-party risk management, and to provide enhanced customer experience and satisfaction overall.
For those who missed the live event, please:
- watch recordings of each session.
- download the conference agenda.
- download the conference booklet.
- access presentations from select speakers (linked below).
Agenda: Day 1
Opening Remarks, Patrick T. Harker, President and CEO of FRB Philadelphia
Fintechs for Lending— Personal Loans, Mortgages, and Small Business Loans
Moderator: Julapa Jagtiani, FRB Philadelphia
- Brian Martin, Blend
- Nat Hoopes, Upstart
- Lydia Cole, Funding Circle
- Kevin Angeles, LendingClub
- Chris Dean, Treasury Prime
Fintechs for Deposit Funding, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Cybersecurity, Know Your Customer/Anti-Money Laundering, and Others
Moderator: Dan Quan, Bank Street Advisory
- David Snitkof and Elliot Storey, Ocrolus View Presentation
- Peter Hazlehurst, Synctera View Presentation
- Kareem Saleh, FairPlay View Presentation
- Linda Jeng, Transparent View Presentation
- Philipp von Girsewald and Shana Hennigan, Deposit Solutions View Presentation
- Laura Kornhauser, Stratyfy View Presentation
Important Considerations for Fintech Partnership Decisions
Speaker: Jason Henrichs, Alloy Labs
Banking Regulators Panel
Moderator: David Palmer, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Sultan Meghji, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Margaret Liu, Conference of State Bank Supervisors
- Kavita Jain, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Kevin Greenfield, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Fireside Chat with John W. Ryan, President and CEO of CSBS
Moderator: Jason Henrichs, Alloy Labs
Agenda: Day 2
Fireside Chat with William Spaniel, SVP at FRB Philadelphia, and Erik Belsky, Director at Federal Reserve Board
Moderator: Dan Quan, Banks Street Advisory
Demo of 11 Fintech Platforms from ICBA's ThinkTECH Accelerator Program
Moderator: Charles Potts, Independent Community Bankers of America
- Group 1: Harness, Zogo Finance, Adlumin
- Group 2: Fintel Connect, Beauceron Security, ZSuite Technologies, Teslar Software
- Group 3: Finosec, Artis Technologies, MK Decision, BotDoc
For more information about each participating organization, click here.
Bankers Panel— Small Bank Partnership with Fintechs: ABA Program
Moderator: Robert Morgan, American Bankers Association
- Patricia Husic, Centric Bank
- Julieann Thurlow, Reading Cooperative Bank
- Mark Moroz, Live Oak Bank
Closing Remarks, William Spaniel, SVP at FRB Philadelphia