Phone: (215) 574-6110
Fax: (215) 574-4303
Send an e-mail to Ryan Michaels
- “Assessing Price Indexes for Markets with Trading Frictions: A Quantitative Illustration,” with Brian Kovak, in Susan Houseman and Michael Mandel, eds., Measuring Globalization: Better Trade Statistics for Better Policy, Vol. 1, Kalamazoo, MI: W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, 2015, pp. 89–120.
- “The Beveridge Curve: A Survey,” with Michael W.L. Elsby and David Ratner, Journal of Economic Literature, 53(3) (September 2015), pp. 571–630.
- “Marginal Jobs, Heterogeneous Firms, and Unemployment Flows,” with Michael W.L. Elsby, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 4(1) (January 2013), pp. 1–48 (recipient of the 2014 American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics Best Paper Award).
- “The Ins and Outs of Cyclical Unemployment,” with Michael W.L. Elsby and Gary Solon, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 1(1) (January 2009), pp. 84–110.
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Economic Insights Articles
Research in Progress
- “Fixed Adjustment Costs and Aggregate Fluctuations,” with Michael W.L. Elsby.
- “Quality-Adjusted Price Measurement: A New Approach with Evidence from Semiconductors,” with David M. Byrne and Brian Kovak.
- “The Joint Dynamics of Capital and Employment at the Plant Level,” with William Hawkins and Jiyoon Oh.
- “Labor Supply Within the Firm,” with Michele Battisti and Choonsung Park.
- “Labor and Capital Dynamics Under Financing Frictions,” with T. Beau Page and Toni Whited.
- “Labor Market Frictions and Aggregate Employment Dynamics,” with Michael W.L. Elsby and David Ratner.