Economic Advisor and Economist
Phone: (215) 574-3807
Fax: (215) 574-4303
Send an e-mail to Igor Livshits
- “Screening as a Unified Theory of Delinquency, Renegotiation, and Bankruptcy,” with N. Kovrijnykh, International Economic Review, 58:2 (2017), pp. 499–527.
- “The Democratization of Credit and the Rise in Consumer Bankruptcies,” with J. MacGee and M. Tertilt, Review of Economic Studies, 83:4 (2016), pp. 1673–1710.
- “Recent Developments in Consumer Credit and Default Literature,” Journal of Economic Surveys, 29:4 (2015), pp. 594–613.
- “Accounting for the Rise in Consumer Bankruptcies,” with J. MacGee and M. Tertilt, American Economic Journal Macroeconomics, 2 (2010), pp. 165–193.
- “Uncertainty and the Specificity of Human Capital,” with M. Gervais and C. Meh, Journal of Economic Theory, 143 (2008), pp. 469–498.
- “Consumer Bankruptcy: A Fresh Start,” with J. MacGee and M. Tertilt, American Economic Review, 97:1 (2007), pp. 402–418.
- “Vested Interests and Technology Adoption,” with B. Bridgman and J. MacGee, Journal of Monetary Economics, 54 (2007), pp. 649–666.
- “On Non-Existence of Pure Strategy Markov Perfect Equilibria,” Economics Letters, 76:3 (2002), pp. 393–396.
- “Income Loss and Bankruptcies over the Business Cycle,” with D. Fieldhouse and J. MacGee, Insolvency Research Paper, Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada, October 2012.
- “Building Credit History with Heterogeneously Informed Lenders,” with Natalia Kovrijnykh and Ariel Zetlin-Jones, Working Paper 19-17, March 2019.
- “Banking Regulation with Risk of Sovereign Default,” with Pablo D’Erasmo and Koen Schoors, Working Paper 19-15, February 2019.
- “Greed as a Source of Polarization,” with Mark L.J. Wright, Working Paper 18-01, January 2018.
- “Costly Contracts and Consumer Credit,” with J. MacGee and M. Tertilt, NBER Working Paper 17448, September 2011.
- “Uncertainty, Specificity, and Institutions,” with M. Gervais, Society for Economic Dynamics Meeting Papers, No. 521, June 2010.
- “Barriers to Technology Adoption and Entry,” with J. MacGee, Economic Policy Research Institute, Western University, July 2008.
- “Accounting for the Rise in Consumer Bankruptcies,” with J. MacGee and M. Tertilt, NBER Working Paper 13363, September 2007.
- “Consumer Bankruptcy: A Fresh Start,” with J. MacGee and M. Tertilt, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Working Paper 617, 2003.
- “For Sale: Barriers to Riches,” with B. Bridgman and J. MacGee, EPRI Working Paper, November 2004.
- Consumer Credit
- Sovereign Debt
- Political Economy
- Macroeconomic Theory