When you work here, your work matters.
As an intern at the Philadelphia Fed, you’ll play a role in our mission of public service while gaining real-life work experience. Our paid internships offer a chance to hone your skills and build lasting relationships.
Start Your Career Journey with Us
Apply your skills to real-life projects and gain hands-on work experience though an internship at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. We offer a variety of paid internships across different business areas, including economic research, bank supervision, community development, and technology, to name a few.
As an intern you’ll get an inside view of what we do while contributing to our mission and developing career skills. You’ll also:
- Get help navigating your experience from an employee mentor.
- Participate in special events for interns and other employee activities.
- Have opportunities to socialize with fellow interns and connect with other employees.
Most interns join from late May to mid-June and work 40 hours per week for 10 consecutive weeks in the summer. There may be opportunities to continue to work part-time after the internship ends or to start your internship at a different time, depending on departmental needs. Recruiting typically takes place from December to March.
To apply for an internship, you must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university. You should also have:
- A strong academic record.
- A demonstrated interest in economics, business, finance, math, marketing, writing and editing, information technology, web and graphic design, or other field relevant to our business functions.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.