This assembly featured an in-depth discussion of cross-sector collaborations among community foundations, community banks, hospitals and health systems, and colleges and universities focused on leveraging local assets to make investments into small businesses, broadband infrastructure, and other economic development projects.
Download the presentation slides and watch the event recording.
The agenda included:
Welcoming remarks: Theodore Alter, Professor of Agricultural, Environmental and Regional Economics, and Codirector, Center for Economic and Community Development
Place-Based Partnerships for Capital and Regional Investment Strategies
- Jennifer Giovannitti, President, Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation
- Christine Jones, Cofounder and Managing Partner, Blue Highway Capital
- Deborah Markley, Senior Vice President, LOCUS Impact Investing
- Alison Shott, Community Engagement Associate, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Resource Chat on Place-Based and Regional Capital and Investment Strategies
- Cheryl Cook, Deputy Secretary for Market Development, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Richard Vilello, Deputy Secretary for Community Affairs and Development, Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
- Jennifer Wakeman, Executive Director, DRIVE Economic Development Entity
Closing remarks: Matt Leonard, Manager of State Government Relations, Pennsylvania Rural Electric Association
The series is cohosted by the Philadelphia Fed's Community Development and Regional Outreach Department, Penn State's Center for Economic and Community Development, and the Center for Rural Pennsylvania.