This assembly examined the roles that peer learning networks, intermediaries, and community development finance institutions play in leveraging regional and local tourism for small business development and an equitable rural recovery.
The agenda included:
Welcoming remarks: Kyle Kopko, Director, Center for Rural Pennsylvania
Outdoor and Small-Town Tourism, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Development
- Ta Enos, CEO, PA Wilds Center for Entrepreneurship
- Julie Fitzpatrick, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Downtown Center
- Cheryl Hargrove, President, Hargrove International
- Meredith Hill, Director of Conservation Landscapes, Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources
Small Group Breakout Discussion
Resource Chat on Outdoor and Small-Town Tourism, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Development
- David Kahley, President and CEO, The Progress Fund
- Jamie Bennett, Executive Director, ArtPlace America
- Moderator: Valerie Case, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau
Closing remarks: Micah Gursky, Executive Director, Tamaqua Area Community Partnership
The series is cohosted by the Philadelphia Fed's Community Development and Regional Outreach Department, Penn State's Center for Economic and Community Development, and the Center for Rural Pennsylvania.