Agenda - Download
Patricia A. Hasson, President, Clarifi, and Board Member, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Board of Directors
Foreclosure Activity in Philadelphia After the Housing Crisis
This presentation will provide insights into the state of foreclosure activity in Philadelphia since the end of the housing crisis. Presenters will share data on the distribution of foreclosure filings by neighborhood and type, including reverse mortgage and tax foreclosures. Data on the shift in foreclosure filings and resolutions before the end of the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) and in the time since the end of the program will be shared.
- Laurie Maggiano, Servicing and Secondary Markets Program Manager, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Jonathan Pyle, Attorney, Philadelphia Legal Assistance - Presentation
- Honorable Annette M. Rizzo (Retired), First Judicial District, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Current Foreclosure Prevention Programs from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Housing Administration
This panel will provide insights into current programs offered by the two government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) and the FHA, and will answer questions for housing counselors and lenders on the applicability of these loss mitigation programs. Participants will hear about the new Flex Modification foreclosure prevention program, which is designed to replace HAMP.
- Bob Kantor, Director of Foreclosure Prevention & Outreach — Counseling Initiatives, Fannie Mae - Presentation
- Michael Levine, Housing Program Officer, Philadelphia Homeownership Center, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - Presentation
- Ryan McGuinness, Director, Mortgage Servicing Policy, Freddie Mac - Presentation
- Moderator: Rachel Labush, Staff Attorney, Community Legal Services
Foreclosure Prevention Programs in Philadelphia and Surrounding Counties
During this panel, speakers will present local options available to support homeowners who have received foreclosure notices. This panel will also discuss ways to target and address households that are vulnerable to foreclosure.
- Bruce Dorpalen, Executive Director, National Housing Resource Center
- Lorraine Gazzara Doyle, Vice President of Legal Compliance, Udren Law Offices, P.C. - Presentation
- William H. Hall IV, Senior Manager, Housing Programs, Clarifi - Presentation
- Moderator: Hiram Carmona, Manager of Housing Counseling, Assistant Contract Administrator, Division of Housing and Community Development, City of Philadelphia
Foreclosure Prevention Options from Private Lenders
During this panel, participants will hear from servicers and lenders on current loan modification programs offered for private mortgages as well as FHA- and GSE-backed mortgages. Panelists will share how the expiration of HAMP impacts current loss modification options and the future of programs offered by lenders. Participants
will also hear perspectives from a consumer advocate on the impact of these changes for borrowers.
- Marisa Barker, Vice President Community Relations, Corporate Social Responsibility, Nationstar Mortgage
- Alys Cohen, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Moderator: Michael McKeever, Attorney, KML Law Group, P.C.
Jojy Varghese, Director, Community and Economic Development, Urban Affairs Coalition