Economic Advisor and Economist
Phone: (215) 574-3957
Fax: (215) 574-4634
Send an e-mail to Shigeru Fujita
Publications in Refereed Journals
- "Recall and Unemployment,'' with Giuseppe Moscarini, American Economic Review, forthcoming.
- "Do Phillips Curves Conditionally Help Forecast Inflation?'' with Mike Dotsey and Tom Stark, International Journal of Central Banking, forthcoming.
- "Worker Flows and Job Flows: A Quantitative Investigation," with Makoto Nakajima, Review of Economic Dynamics, 2016, Vol. 22, pp. 1-20.
- "Exogenous vs. Endogenous Separation," with Garey Ramey, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 2012, Vol. 4 (4), pp. 68-93.
- "Private Equity Premium and Aggregate Uncertainty in a Model of Uninsurable Investment Risk," with Francisco Covas, The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, 2011, Vol. 11 (1), (Contributions), Article 20.
- "Dynamics of Worker Flows and Vacancies: Evidence from the Sign Restriction Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2011, Vol. 26 (1), pp. 89-121.
- "Procyclicality of Capital Requirements in a General Equilibrium Model of Liquidity Dependence," with Francisco Covas, International Journal of Central Banking, 2010, Vol. 6 (4), pp. 137-173.
- "The Cyclicality of Separation and Job Finding Rates," with Garey Ramey, International Economic Review, 2009, Vol. 50 (2), pp. 415-430. View data used in this paper (50 KB)
- "Job Matching and Propagation," with Garey Ramey, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 2007, Vol. 31 (11), pp. 3671-3698.
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Economic Insights Articles
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Business Review Articles
Current Working Papers
- "Recall and Unemployment," with Giuseppe Moscarini, Working Paper 17-29, June 2017. Supersedes Working Paper 14-3/R.
“Do Phillips Curves Conditionally Help to Forecast Inflation?” with Michael Dotsey and Tom Stark, Working Paper 17-26, August 2017. Supersedes Working Paper 15-16 and Working Paper 11-40.
- "Declining Trends in the Real Interest Rate and Inflation: The Role of Aging," with Ippei Fujiwara,
Working Paper 16-29, November 2016.
- "Declining Labor Turnover and Turbulence," Working Paper 15-29, July 2015.
- "Effects of Extended Unemployment Insurance Benefits: Evidence from the Monthly CPS," Working Paper 10-35/R, January 2011.
- "An Empirical Analysis of On-the-Job Search and Job-to-Job Transitions," Working Paper 10-34/R, August 2012.
- "The Cyclicality of Worker Flows: New Evidence from the SIPP," with Christopher J. Nekarda and Garey Ramey, Working Paper 07-5, February 2007.
- "The Cyclicality of Job Loss and Hiring," with Garey Ramey, Working Paper 06-17, September 2006.
- Labor Economics
- Applied Time Series Econometrics