Home > Consumer Credit & Payments > Payment Cards Center > Payment Cards Center Publications > Update Newsletter > Spring 2002
Workshop Series 2001 2002
Since the creation of the Payment Cards Center in late 2000, its Workshop Series has proved to be a successful forum for providing industry insights and promoting productive discussions. The workshops encourage collaboration between the Philadelphia Fed and participants from industry, academia, and the public sector to examine issues of relevance to the payment card industry. Listed below are the workshops the Payment Cards Center held during its first year.
March 5, 2001
"The Evolution of Bank Card Associations"
- James Shanahan, Principal
Business Dynamics Consulting, Inc.
May 1, 2001
"Legal and Historical Precedents for Financial Privacy, Policy, and Regulation"
- Anita L. Allen, Professor of Law
University of Pennsylvania Law School
May 22, 2001
"Credit Cards, Interchange, and Payment Efficiency"
- David B. Humphrey, Professor of Finance Fannie Wilson Smith Eminent Scholar in Banking
College of Business, Florida State University
June 15, 2001
"EFT Industry Perspective and New Secure Payment Products"
- Bruce Sussman, Director of Internal Audit
- Paul Tomasofsky, Vice President
Advanced Product Group, NYCE Corporation
July 20, 2001
"A Panel Discussion on Dynamics in the Consumer Credit Counseling Services "
- James Godfrey, Executive Vice President
CCCS of Maryland and Delaware, Inc.
- Patricia Hasson, President
CCCS of Delaware Valley, Inc.
- Jerome Johnson, President and CEO
CCCS of South Jersey
- Ghyll Theurer, Program Manager
CCCS of South Jersey
July 31, 2001
"Managing Consumer Credit Risk"
- Jeffrey Bower, Senior Manager
September 25, 2001
"Innovations in Small Dollar Payments"
- Richard Corl, Director
November 16, 2001
"Fraud in the Credit Card Industry"
- Daniel Buttafogo, Director of Risk Management
- Larry Drexler, General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
December 14, 2001
"Retail Credit Risk Modeling and the Basel Capital Accord"
- Paul S. Calem, Senior Economist
Division of Research and Statistics, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
January 23, 2002
"Prospects for Smart Card Applications"
- Joel Tolbert, Eastern Regional Manager
April 5, 2002
- Dan Brackle, Vice President
- A.C. Capaldi, Group Vice President
Eastern Region, TransUnion
- Chet Wiermanski, Vice President
Analytical Services, TransUnion