Home > Community Development > Community Development Events > A Grassroots Look at Workforce Development
Community Development Events
A Grassroots Look at Workforce Development
Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Workforce development is in a state of transition: Federal funding is declining, and questions have been raised about the effectiveness of existing programs. Representatives from three nonprofits in New Jersey, and a fourth in Philadelphia, share their workforce development experience and challenges. Topics include creating workforce opportunities for young people, engaging employers, and encouraging financial self-reliance.
- Agenda (1 page, 37 KB), Speakers’ Biographies (4 pages, 89 KB), and Speakers’ Contact Information (2 pages, 21 KB)
- Event Summary (10 pages, 178 KB)
- Nonprofit Descriptions (11 pages, 90 KB)
- Regional Demographic and Economic Trends (25 pages, 822 KB)
- Decision-Making in the Context of Poverty and the Application of Behavioral Research to Policy (37 pages, 1.59 MB)
- Workforce Development from the Grassroots Perspective (8 pages, 1.11 MB): Isles
- Creating Opportunities for the Undereducated (14 pages, 1.01 MB)
- Working with Employers: Isles’ Center for Energy and Environmental Training (8 pages, 654 KB), Hispanic Family Center of Southern New Jersey, Inc. (4 pages, 40 KB), and Impact Services Corporation (10 pages, 1.33 MB)
- Beyond Income: Workforce Financial Fitness (15 pages, 272 KB)
For more information, contact:
(215) 574-6569 or email@example.com
Return to the main Community Development events page.